Sunday, September 28, 2008

Football and a Haircut

This week was homecoming so Brittney was busy dressing up every day for the different things they had to do. Wed. was the powder puff football game and she got to play in it. She played offensive line in the first half, then switched to defense in the second half. She said she liked defense a lot more because it was less boring! The juniors ran the opening kick off for a touchdown, but then didn't even get a first down until the last couple of minutes of the game. The seniors scored so the game was tied..all they had to do was hold them. With 2 (yes 2) seconds left the juniors had the last play of the game and scored just as the buzzer sounded. Britt wasn't too sad though, she had thought they would get killed so she was just happy they were so close. She had fun and we had a good time going to watch her.




My next news is the Dave has finally cut his hair. For anyone who may not know, Perry had told him if he wouldn't cut his hair for six months he would pay him a hundred dollars. (This was on May 3rd so he had to go until Nov. 3rd) This photo is Dave on July 3rd, two months into the deal.


(sorry, I didn't rotate this right in my folder, and I'm not sure how to fix it here!!) This next photo is Dave (with Ori) on Labor Day Weekend in September. All through the summer his hair wasn't really getting long but once September came along it just went crazy.


By mid-Sept. he was going crazy..he felt like he looked like a total bum. We told him he looked like Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber with his hair all sticking out everywhere! So he worked out a deal with Perry and went to work the next day to have it cut. They put his hair into ponytails all over and Perry just started cutting them off. Then he shaved the rest.
















Then they decided that they would make a New Orleans Saint symbol with a little bit of hair. He called me at work to tell me and I couldn't quite believe it, I had to have Sundii send me a picture on my phone!! He says he's leaving it until they win the Super Bowl....we have all told him that it isn't going to look good in the 5-20 years that might take!! I am glad to have him with short hair again.













4 comments:

Jensen Family said...

The powder puff game looked like a lot of fun. I still can't believe he shaved his head. I was getting so use to the long that it looks SO different now. I love that picture of him and Ori....how cute!

Cederberg Family said...

I hope you had a fun birthday party! It looked like it!! We will have to join in next time!! I saw his new hair cut that day! I thought they did a good job! :) It was fun to visit him at his work!! He gave me a tour! It was so much fun! Tell him thank you for me!!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I can't believe he let you post these pictures truthfully. I think...I'm glad he got a haircut...but not sure about the "Saints" every winning the superbowl. Lois

Robin said...

OMG!!!LOLOLOLOL... I liked him with the pony tails!

HAPPY BDAY LATE!!!