Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cheer

Its official, I am a cheer mom now. If it were up to me I would not be a cheer mom this year...Lindsay tried out for cheerleader last year and didn't make it. It broke her heart, and it broke mine to see her so upset. So this year I didn't want her to try out again..I was afraid of the same situation as last year. She was determined though, and she practiced for hours to get her routines down right. I was a mess the day of tryouts and the day they found out..it was quite stressful. We were all excited when she made it. I am so proud of her for not letting one failure keep her from trying again, and I'm proud of her for not letting my negativity influence her decision to go for it. I have been going to the volleyball games to watch her cheer and I am really loving watching her cheer and McKenna play on the volleyball team. I try to clap and cheer with them (because Marcy says I'm a cheer mom so I have to) but at this point I have to say that I'm not very good at it! But, I'm sure I will get better. She seems to be having a great time and she is really good at ignoring us when we call out to her or try to get her to look at us!! So last week she had her first football game and she had to cheer for both the 7th and 8th grade games. Brooke, Dave and I all came to watch her.


At the volleyball games I have McKenna to watch and cheer for, but at the football games we really don't have anyone special to watch. So by the time we got to the end of the last game we were getting at little bored. Brooke was doing her homework and then we started taking pictures...









( Brooke was mad at me because she thinks she looked really good in this picture and I had to ruin it! )





3 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

That cracks me up! I love that last picture, and the one of Dave! Lindsey looks so cute as a cheerleader, and I am sure your a great cheer mom!

Robin said...

Congrats to Lindsey!! Way to go girl!!

Jensen Family said...

I am so proud of Lindsey for being determined and going for her goals. She makes the cutest cheerleader! Now you being a cheer mom on the other hand, we may have to work on that! :) Maybe we can set up some study times to get you on the right track. Love ya!