Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tattoo Day

(I am not sure what happened, but I can't seem to add any more pictures so this will have to be in two posts....hopefully this is the second, but if not please see the other have of the Tattoo Day post!!) Stephanie Campa is a summer worker that has been at Lansing for the last three years. (I think) She got this on her foot and is turned out really pretty.

This was Colton before she got started on him.....at this point he was still excited. Shortly after this he was not so excited! This was his first tattoo and he got really nervous....then she started and he didn't do so well. He literally turned green and Laura had to stop the tattoo because he was about to pass out. Her helper had to fan Colton with a magazine for about ten minutes, and Ryley must have given him about twenty cups of water. We were all giving him a little bit of a hard time, and told him it was Ryley we thought would have the hardest time! After that though he was totally fine. It took her about two hours to get his done and he did great.


Colton is a huge comic book character fan so he got this tattoo to represent that. The CK is for Clark Kent, but also Colton Knopp which I thought was pretty cool. The Spider Man is half regular and half the Black Spider Man. It turned out really cool.

By that time it was 8:30 at night and Laura had been tattooing for ten and a half hours. She was awesome and totally worked her butt off. She never stopped to eat lunch or dinner, and had just had a few snacks we had given her. All she did was wipe everything down after each person, and start another one. So by this point she was tired, and she still had to draw Dave's up and do it. They both decided that it would be better if he came back the next week to have his done since it was very detailed and would take a long time. He was really disappointed that he didn't get to get his with everyone else, but he knew it would be better if he waited.
That next Friday he left the house at five in the morning and went to Mountain Home to have Laura do his tattoo. It took about five hours and turned out amazing. It has huge meaning for him and he has wanted it for a long time. He had her hide the girls initials in the wood like he had them hidden in the rocks on his dragon tattoo so I really liked that he did that. I told the kids.."I never thought I would be married to someone with so many tattoos." Brooke replied, "I never thought I would have a mom who didn't want any tattoos!" He totally loves it so I am glad that he finally got to have it done.


This is Laura, the tattoo artist. She did an awesome job on every tattoo that she did, and was so much fun to hang out with all day. She totally entertained us with fun stories about stuff she has done and she fit right in with everyone. When we left she gave Dave a hug and said, "I feel like I am really going to miss you guys." If I ever do decide to get a tattoo I know where to go now!





No comments: