Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tattoo Day

Some of Dave's co-workers have been talking about getting tattoos together for about a year. Dave finally decided that it was time. His co-worker Sarah knows someone who does tattoos so Dave called her and set up a day for all of them to go in together. Her shop is in Mountain Home and she had them all come in on a Sunday so that they would be the only ones there. We all showed up and spent the entire day there while the tattoos were getting done.
Dave's co-worker Doug was the first one to go. This was his first tattoo and he was really nervous. Once she got started though he did fine. His clover has both of his parents initials in it. Sarah was next to go. Sarah is a HUGE Michael Jordan fan...she even has a Michael Jordan room in her house. I thought hers turned out really good.
Our friend Megan went next. Megan has been wanting this tattoo for at least a year. She was really happy to finally get it done. Hers took about two hours, and she was a total rock star...I only saw her wince twice while she was getting it done.

Ryley worked this summer at Lansing. This was her first tattoo and she decided this was what she wanted while she was in Oregon on vacation this summer. She was really scared before Laura started, but once she got going she did really well. We all thought she would be the most freaked out......(more on that later)




At about this point I said that I should take a picture of a picture of a tattoo and send it out to Marcy and Perry by phone (they were camping) and put it on Facebook that I had gotten that tattoo. Megan had been posting all the pictures as everyone got done. Sundii picked out a picture of Betty Boops head in a shot glass and we said that I had that done. We were sure that people would start calling me asking me what the heck I was thinking. We were very disappointed that not one person called...I finally decided that we picked one that was too realistic and everyone was afraid to say anything for fear of offending me!! So, I really didn't get a tattoo of Betty Boops head in a shot glass.



No comments: