Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yum

We tried Amber and Gary's recipe for sweet and sour chicken tonight and it was really good. (No pictures though because I didn't work today and I look like crap!) Dave even liked it, and he doesn't like his main dish food to be sweet. I missed the step of dipping the chicken in the eggs for the first batch I cooked because Brooke was playing "Sims" and I couldn't get on Ambers blog, but it still turned out fine. So thanks guys for the recipe, it was great.
The snow really motivated us..we spent our time last weekend doing all the fall things that need to be done. We took out our air conditioners, put away the hoses, took out the jet ski battery, put away the grill, put up the bikes, cleaned up our yard and cleaned out the garage. Dave even cleaned up all his tools, nuts, bolts etc. (I think it helped that he hooked up a tv in the garage so he could watch football at the same time!) He is now trying to work on the deck every night so we can get that done before winter really sets in. Hopefully it won't snow again for a while.

3 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Everyone who has tried that recipe has really liked it, so I guess I need to give it a try. We still have some of our "winterizing" to do, better get on that because the snow isn't waiting. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm impressed. Did you see all the snow we got? We couldn't have FOUND anything to winterize. Jeff & Vern were going to go deer hunting and put it off...glad they did. I haven't tried the chicken, but I've written the recipe down so I can. Mom

Cederberg Family said...

I am so glad that you liked the recipe!! It is truely one of our favorites!! Gary and I have started some of the winter stuff but we aren't done yet!!