Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Spirit

School has officially started here in Gooding, and all three of my daughters were glad to be going back. Once August starts they tend to get bored and are ready to see their friends again. Brooke is in the sixth grade this year and has started middle school. (I have no more elementary age kids, and it seems really weird.) After lots of patience and help from her Aunt Marcy, and several trips to the school, she finally figured out how to open her locker. Thank goodness it was before the first day! She can't wait for football and volleyball start so she can go hang out at the games. Lindsay is in the eigth grade and informs me that she is having fun being the grade that rules the school. She has gotten so grown up in the last year that I hardly recognize her. She has become a teenager which makes me a little sad. She is growing taller and although I keep telling her to stop, she hasn't. She is a chearleader this year and very excited about that.




Brittney is a Senior this year....it seems like just yesterday that she started school and now she is almost done. I am realizing that after this year our lives will never be the same. It really makes me not want to take for granted the time that we have right now to spend with her.




I came home from work the other day and this was the scene on my front lawn. Brittney and some of her friends were spray painting shirts to wear to the athletic games. They have decided that they are going all out to support their teams. After doing this they went and painted the school rock. One of the teachers called them the "Spirit Squad" and even had them make a poster for the Senior girls volleyball players to take to the first game.














Ready for the game!!




















2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

So crazy to see your girls getting so old. What are my kids going to do when all your kids are grown and gone. We are going to miss Brit so much when she graduates and decides to leave home we just love having her around. I love the school spirit. Looks like such a fun group of girls.

Cederberg Family said...

HOW FUN!! What beautiful girls you have!! I love them all!! I loved making shirts and things ike that for school!! How fun!