Sunday, August 24, 2008

Grain Galore

Dave has been wanting us to come to his work and see all the grain they have there, so Lindsay, Brooke and I hopped in the car and drove over there the other day. We have only been seeing him a few minutes a day, so it was nice to get to spend a little time with him. When we pulled in at 8:00 pm there was still a long line of trucks waiting to unload, and there was grain everywhere. We were amazed at how much there was. Dave drove us around to see all the grain and then the girls wanted to climb the tower. We have been up there before, and it really freaks me out because I am scared of hights.(and it is really high....over two hundred steps up...I counted!!) But it also freaks me out to let the girls go up without me so we all went up. The picture below is me hanging onto the rail for dear life!

















Of course the girls and Dave aren't scared at all so they were happy to pose for pictures and look around at the awesome view. Dave took a bunch of pictures of the grain because they have so much of it.


















Dave told Brooke that if you chew on some grain for long enough it will turn into gum, so she put some in and chewed for a few minutes. She definately didn't like it and spit it out right away!
















4 comments:

Cederberg Family said...

I always loved visiting my dad at work! I love all of the pictures!!! I am so glad that you are blogging now!!!

Jensen Family said...

Woo Hoo look at you. Your blog is up and running and you already have a post with pictures. You rock girl. The pics are awesome this was such a neat thing for you to do this is something that in the future you will be glad you did and took pictures so you can go back and remember.

lotus said...

I love it...you have added to your blog! Love the pictures and that's neat that you went to see Dave. I don't know what's wrong with Brooke...I always chewed wheat to make gum...and loved it.

Anonymous said...

hi steph from clyde :)