Thursday, June 11, 2009

Track Stars

Both Lindsay and Brooke took track this year. I'm not sure Brooke really liked it, but she did appreciate all the excersize. We were inspired by Colton not drinking pop all during basketball season, so we decided that during spring volleyball and track we would not drink pop. It was actually not as bad as we thought, and we have cut way back on our pop drinking even after track was over. I am not a big fan of track meets...I think track is the least fun spectator sport! I think it's mainly because it always seems to be freezing at track meets! I took the camera to their last meet to get some pictures, but my batteries quit after just these three photos. (Luckily my mom was there and she took a bunch for us...thanks mom) When I got to Kimberly it started raining...all the kids got back on the buses. It quit raining so they started again, then it started hailing. This time they just kept on going. It was COLD. Brooke did the discus, the long jump, the 100, and the 200. Lindsay did the long jump, the 200 and two relays.
BRRRRRR!!

My mom and Jeff came because my girls and my neice Mikayla were all running that day. Lindsay and Mikayla ended up running the same leg of the same relay against each other which we thought was really funny. Our biggest laugh though was at Brooke. As she was running the 200 she kept looking at the other runners. When I told her not to look at other people and just run her fastest she explained to me that she had to look at them so she could see if she was last. If she was last she would run her fastest, if not she would just run hard!!


No comments: