Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Spirit

Sunday we decided that we would put up our Christmas decorations. Dave concentrated on the outside and got all his lights hung. Marcy and Lindsay worked on our main tree, and they did an awesome job. Marcy thought white and red lights would be nice and it turned out really well. McKenna, Brooke and I worked on the rest of the house while they did that. We listened to Christmas music and had a table full of snacks to eat while we worked. I bought some Evergreen oil for my oil burner and it smelled soooo good, just like we had a real tree. After we were all done we relaxed and watched our new Christmas movie "Fred Clause."


Of course we had to have a silly picture!

This is the stocking holder I found at the craft fair. I have been looking for years for one but have never been able to find one with more that four pegs till now. (Now that it is Britts last year here, isn't that how it always goes.)


Our main tree in the living room.
Britt didn't help much with the house, but she did help the girls put up their tree that has their ornaments on it.




I thought it was really cute while we were pulling out all of our stuff the girls were saying where we got certain things, or asking where we got things. I kept saying, "Grandma made us that, Great-Grandma made us that, Grandma made that." Lindsay finally said, "It's a good thing we have Grandma's!" I told Lindsay that when she grew up she was probably on her own because I'm not very good at making things like that. She informed me that her Grandma would still be around and would take care of her! So thanks Grandma's for making our holidays special.




2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

I love it! It looks so good. Isn't fun to do this kind of thing with your kids. It always gets me in the spirit.

~L said...

Well, being the "Grandma", I'm just so proud that you still have the stuff I make. It makes it all worthwhile to know it's appreciated. Love the tree and the girls are just beautiful.